Friday, July 25, 2008
Just my luck
This morning I was running a little late for work... as I was gathering my things I kept trying to pump myself up for the day because I had to work and Austin doesn't, so it's hard to want to be at work when he gets to hang out at home and not only do I have to work today, I have to work tonight also. Anyway, as I am leaving I get in my car get all my stuff situated and head out, pull out of the complex and drive down the street as usual. A truck is pulling out of the apartment complex almost directly across the street from mine, she keeps coming so I swerve out of her way and BOM!, she still hits me! UHG! I slam on my brakes and jump out of the car with hands in the air yelling, 'can you not see!', and what do I get? A studdering, 'n..nn..o englis-a'. Come on! I was pissed! We were both in the middle of the road, so we both get back in our cars and move them to the side. I get out and asked her if she has insurance, she replied shaking her head yes. I call the police. I call Austin. Then I called my office. We aren't standing there very long at all and a police officer came on his motorcycle. One of the nicest I have ever delt with (I haven't had to deal with many) I told him what happened and then told him she didn't speak english. He went over to her and had a very strong gringo accent but knew the few key words... ANYWAY, so my car isn't driveable because she hit the back wheel and I have a nice dent in my car! I am super stressed about it and we don't know if she has insurance or not! This isn't fun!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Never something you want to go through. I hope it's not too bad...good luck with it all!
That is a big bummer. Hey I will be in SLC Aug 9th (late) 10th 11th & go home the 12th. My brother is in town. You dad might come. I will call you
Dang! That is rotten... of the 4 accidents I've been in 3 were by people who didn't have insurance...(none of the 4 were my fault, all 4 of the drivers who hit me, were ticketed) 2 of the 3 were illegals-....no insurance, no license and I'm pretty sure no consequence either....its just wrong. Are you close to a trax line???
PS - next time, call in sick and play hooky...
Bummer sorry to hear about that Jenny. That really sucks.
That sucks! Hopefully she really does have insurance and they take care of everything.
Post a Comment