Your Inner Bitch knows there's no such thing as perfection, but that's okay because we learn more from our mistakes than we ever do from being "perfect."
Thanks to Tina(a girl I work with) who sends me these "Inner Bitch" daily calender quotes, I have come to realize... I AM NOT PERFECT! Which made me think about my journey of setting people up. Anyone who knows me, knows I am always trying to set my friends up with your friends and vise-versa... I like playing match maker! I feel like it is something I have always been good at. I have always felt that I have been upfront and honest with the people I meet and the friends I make, I have actually been told I am too honest in some situations. I just want to help my friends out, I just don't think you should "sugar coat" a bad situation.
Any who... so I set up a good friend of mine with one of Austin's co-workers. We went on a group date the first date so if they didn't like each other, they would have us. Well, things went really well that night. Since then they have been pretty exclusive, I gave myself a pat on the back for that one... but why is it when they start having problems and you ask one or the other about it, YOU'RE the bad guy? Austin and I went out with the boys that he works with over the weekend and it happened to be a time where are friends were having a few problems in their relationship, or so I thought, so I asked the guy about it and he had a lot to say, so we were just having a conversation and I bring up something his girlfriend told me, one of those "I am not supposed to tell you, but...", not even realizing I had said it, he flipped! He was so upset at her! Now, here is where I am a little confused. She called me super upset and told me how it's all my fault they are having troubles now and how I need to take responsibility for what I did and how she doesn't ever want to talk to me again because she can't trust me. I understand her being upset at me for spilling the beans, but I don't think it is ALL my fault like she is blaming me for! ...so I need advise! I know I was in the wrong for telling his secret, but how do I get her to talk to me again without all the attachments of the one mistake I had made? I mean, I just feel like I was trying to help, I spilled the beans and now I am to blame when she shouldn't have told me in the first place! He told her and trusted her not to tell anyone, so why is it all on me? ... HELP!
2 comments:
that sucks!!! I hate it when someone is mad at me. obviously, its not all your fault. she just wants to be mad and decided it was easier to be mad at you. as soon as she makes up with her boyfriend, she'll make up with you.
Geez! People need to grow up. And I dont mean you! Its like get over it. The whole situation would be solved by them talking to eachother, instead of talking to other people about their problems.
I could go on and on....but I wont! I will spare you.
Can we do lunch someday??
Post a Comment